Original Text
From: Lew Gramer <dedalus@latradedot com>, on 10/28/96 5:36 PM:

Actually, just after I "invested" in the IMO membership (but long before I
invested in my 20" scope! x^*), Bob suggested I didn't absolutely
positively
HAVE to join ALPO right away - particularly, if cash was short.

Well, cash is no looser now than it used to be (slipperier maybe, but no
looser), but I guess if I can afford a truss-tube scope, I can afford ALPO
membership... :)

HOWEVER, not everyone on the list CAN, so it'd sure be helpful if someone
could
summarize these classifications to the list for us non-member subscribers!

Lew, champion of cheap newbies everywhere