[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) OCT 4 FIREBALL AND SEISMIC RECORD

>  Based on
>this data and on eyewitness accounts provided by John Wasson of UCLA and
>Mark Boslough (Ph. D. from Caltech, 1984) of Sandia National Laboratory in
>New Mexico, Hutton thinks that any larger fragments that survived the firey
>entry into Earth's atmosphere would have landed to the east-northeast of the
>explosions, perhaps in the Rose Valley area near Little Lake.  Smaller
>fragments may have fallen more or less straight down from where the
>explosions occurred.
I'm a little familiar with this area....I can tell you this much, if anyone
found a meteorite in that area, they are very lucky indeed.  there are lots
of mountains Just North and West of that area. And to the East and South East
of Little Lake it is a big Military Air Force Bombing range.  Little Lake is
right next to Highway 395...I believe in this area it  follows a narrow
valley for a long ways with mountains on both sides.  This might have to be
chalked up as a loss...but?
George Z