[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Question about lat/long

Richard Amirault <amirault@laraby.tiacdot net> wrote:
>...get one of the CD-Rom mapping programs. I've recently
>bought one for about $30.  Not only will it show virtually EVERY street
>in the contentinal U.S.A. but the Lat/Lon of the cursor as it moves
>across the map at all magnifications.

Richard, this sounds like it'd be an ideal tool for reducing my meteor
observations, since I travel a lot to find OK skies to observe under.
Does the CD you have give accuracy down to the seconds of lat/long?
And how about elevations? (That would be REALLY amazing.)

Last but not least, where'd you get the CD so cheap, and who makes it?

Thanks!
Lew Gramer
Medford, MA, USA

Follow-Ups: References: