[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Question about lat/long

At 03:28 PM 11/1/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Thanks for the info, Ron. But WHOA!! When did my nice little home get moved to
>the West Coast???! My lat/long should be about 42N 71W. Guess you must have
>picked up one of the other 13 Mefords... :)  BTW, Ron, does Precision Mapping
>2.0 also have topological details, or is it only by street number? (Most of my
>sites aren't near any shippable address.) Thanks again!
>
>Lew

Hi Lew

Sorry about that,Lew.   Actually I had moved you to Medford, OK.  I was
trying to do that in a hurry before lunch and didn't check it out.  But over
lunch I got to thinking those coordinates don't sound right for Mass. so I
just got back on the computer and found the error.  For some reason it kept
wanting to jump to Medford, OK., even though I set it on MA.   Anyway, I got
it stay there eventually.

I looked up coordinates for Medford Station (71 06' 35",  42 25' 06") and
the hospital (71 06' 36",  42 25' 13") to give you an idea how fine you can
go.  At full magnification the full screen width is about 2,500 feet.  As
far as topographical details just out of Medford it shows Rock Hill and
Victory Field.  All streets are shown and seem to be reasonably up to date.
I was looking at some new houses, on new streets, in Paso Robles and those
streets are on there.   You can choose to show about thirty different types
of features all the way from geysers to glaciers, airports to museums.

Hope that helps

Ron