[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Question about lat/long

At 10:15 PM 11/1/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Ron,
>Is it possible for you to look up the Long and Lat for my observing site?  If
>your program goes by street names and addresses, use the following address
>for the search:
>24185 Wildwoodglen Lane
>Alpine, Calif.
>
>I'd appreciate the effort.  Just curious how close I came with the help of a
>Topography map.
>George Z.

Hi George

I looked up the address you gave and it had seven sections of Wildwood Glen
Lane, but none seemed to match your location exactly as I remember it.
Please remember, both times I was there it was in the dark.

As best I remember I turned north off I8 at Japutul Valley Road (which this
map shows as SH 79), then I turned left over a bridge, (Sweetwater River
onto Los Terrentos).  Shortly after that the map shows Wildwood Glen Lane
coming in from the right, (I don't remember that) and it doesn't show a name
from then on, so it could be either.  About 1500 feet north of this junction
it shows an itty bitty little road, which I suspect is your location.  If
this is so, your coordinates are; 116 37' 30'', 32 50' 18".   It does not
show elevations.

Out of interest  I checked where 116 38' 13", 32 50' 00" is and found ti to
be just outside the Viejo Honor Ranch.  I don't remember being a "guest"
there, so I guess that's not where you are :)

If you have a computer with a CD drive I'll bring the disc down next time
and you can check it for sure.

Best wishes
Ron