[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Slow periods

<< nother person had George's pattern : slumping one particular
 hour then recovering the next.   I was the most level of the group, showing
 a very minor steady increase through the night.  Years later I determined
 that Felix Martinez over 5 hours will have perception 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4,
 2.0 ; where I am 1.0.  Quite a surge the last hour.  The individual varying
 perceptions are quite consistent so could have some utility in rate
 corrections among the most active observers.

 Norman
 Fort Myers, Florida
 nmcleod@peganetdot com

----------
Norman,
It was just a few weeks ago that you announced your having a "slump" during a
recent observation a few hours prior to dawn and then picking up again. Any
explanation for your deviation from your 1970's study? I find it interesting
that this doesn't happen to me all the time. And when it is noticeable, I
frequently have Bob Lunsford with me who usually experiences the same dip at
roughly the same time I do. I find it hard to believe that we are both
nodding off coincidentally the same nite while on other nites we don't
experience this meteor deficiency and just so happen to be not nodding off. I
don't recall an extended meteor slack period where only one of us experiences
it. Our overall rates are different with different LM's and perception etc,
but when the sky is relatively "dead" ..dot it's dead for both of us with minor
variations.  I think nodding off and alertness has become too much of a
"whipping boy" for all inconsistencies with  meteor rates.
George Z.