[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Sender: owner-meteorobs

Malcolm

You wrote:
>In the UK during the 1970s it used to be the Jaffa Cake.

We get them here now in south africa, imported from the UK.  Being an expat
pom, we were thoroughly familiar with the famed Jaffa cake, and my wife goes
bonkers over em.  Always a good supply in the cupboard!  I'll try them out
for the Leonids this week.

>but I expect
>that >+7.5 is a thing of the past, and even at sites like in the
>Karoo, the low +7s will be my limit.

When were you in the Karoo?  It's still pretty unaffected by light
pollution.  It's too far for me to use as a site, but I have a member of my
comet observation team there and he reckons the skies are great.  If you
come back this way drop in for tea (and a couple of Jaffa Cakes)

Tim Cooper