[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Autumn (#$%@!*) in New England...

Ron writes:
>If you would like details of the bracket, let me know.

You bet, Ron! I've been dying to adapt the AS as a finder ever since I got my
current 20" scope! If I could figure out some way to stabilize and align that
bad boy, and still pop it off to use by itself, I'd love it!

Then Waynewrights:
>God Bless the Astroscan.

Amen to that, Wayne. :) We've had a nasty run of sudden clearings in the evening
here: it'll look ominous and like stay-in-and-watch-TV weather up until just
around 10pm, then suddenly clear off all at once (and I mean CRYSTAL clear), and
turn much colder... Just in time to keep me from getting out to a reasonable
observing site. x^*  Especially since it then consistently clouds up again (or
hazes over like last night) between 1 & 2am... Four nights running!

These are the kinds of situations where the little AstroBong excels: this
weekend, I bagged the HII region in M33, the star cloud NGC 206(?) in M31, three
nice NGC open clusters in Cas, and finally saw M76 in Perseus *without* a big
scope or dark skies... Took heavy breathing, fixation, and averted vision, but I
definitely saw those lobes! :>

Anyway, as frustrating as this weather has been for meteoring, it will at least
get the deep-sky out of my system and make it easier to concentrate on Leonids
in the woods of New Hampshire next weekend.

(Expectedly) clear skies to all!
Lew

Follow-Ups: References: