[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Nov 9/10 meteors not bad

>Actually, we sleep deprived some SEALS for 64 hours and pumped them up with
>caffeine, amphetamine or sugar pills... a lot of individual variability.

Variability - I'll bet! No wonder some of these guys are so scary... Hope you
kept their automatic weapons locked away during these tests, Joseph! 8^o

So I'm curious, Joe: in all your data, what sort of individual "scatter" do you
see among individuals with similar levels of "training" (similar truck driving
experience, or similar familiarity with the tasks you tested)? Did you notice
any parallels or synergies between pairs or groups of individuals tested
together? I'm just curious about Bob's and George's combined slumps...

>"Pupillary diameter does not demonstrate a clear circadian rhythm".

Interesting result, Joe. Thanks for sharing it! Did your studies also look at
other aspects of dark adaptation (rhodopsin levels, rod sensivity, whatever)
besides pupil diameter? [BTW, sorry all - this may be a little off-topic for the
meteorobs list, but then again, it may not!]

Clear skies,
Lew