[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Weekend in New Jersey

<< The other factor was again the cold. It was 26 degrees F at the start,
 and the temperature dropped steadily...I had the old ice encrusted sleeping
 bag syndrome- heavy frost. Had to warm up in the building (Kevin cooked it
 up to around 80, God bless him) before I could even drive.
 	Prospects for the upcoming weekend weatherwise are not hopeless,
 although 6 days out is a bit too far to reliably predict. Frozen fingers
 crossed. >>
Oh boy was it cold. I've worked in the cold before - nothing new - but to sit
there...
I actually found myself getting distracted by the cold. When I get my report
together I'll have to label the last few plots as a 3, just couldn't keep
focused.  But I'm now the proud owner of a twin sized electric blanket with a
100' extension cord, + I'll be buying the lumber for my observing coffin with
my next paycheck. BTW is there any sort of design that works better than
others?

Kevin