[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs)My own fireball...

Since everyone has been talking about fireballs the last couple of days I
thought I would mention my two encounters with them.
  The first one was in ( I'm guessing) June of 1994. It was over west
Little Rock, Arkansas. It occurred within a half hour of sunset, so the
sky was still kind a bright. It appeared yellow-orange and was traveling
North to South. It lasted several seconds, because I had time to tell my
friend to look up. He also saw it. It occurred in the western half of the
sky. I remember it being a little brighter than Venus so I'm estimating
the magnitude to be about -5. But since it was too light outside for any
planet to be seen, including Venus, it might have actually been brighter.

As for the second fireball that I saw, it was on 11/12 of August 1994.
All I remember from that is that it was a particularly bright Perseid.
Maybe -3 or -4.
That's about it as far as me and fireballs go.
Michael