[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) slightly off topic.

<<
 You're thinking of the Maunder Minimum, when the sunspot count was
 abnormally low for sure, but I want to specifically know what the max
 length of time has been for literally NO sunspot activity. I was talking
 with someone at the AAVSO conference a few weeks ago and they said this
 is the longest period since 1940 but no other info.

-----
Well, I just dug out one of my astronomy text books and it mentions the
maunder minimum as occuring from 1645 to 1715 AD. it said the historical
records from europe reports very few sunspots were seen during that period.
As to when where there absolutely no sunspots at all seen ...even the
tini-tiniest ones...I don't know where to find that kind of info.
George Z.