[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Leonids in California

Hi All

Guess what?  It looks as though any Leonid spotting is pretty well going to be
clouded out here in sunny California.  The forecast is for cloudy and stormy
weather to spread down from the north.  In fact the high clouds arrived here in tha
Los Angeles area this afternoon.

It was only yesterday afternoon that Bob and I arranged to meet at Gorman tonight
to try out a new viewing area.  The forecast looked good then but that all changed
today. I have also arranged a night of Leonid spotting with the South Bay
Astronomical Society at Carrizo Plain for Saturday/Sunday, but that is very much in
doubt also.  I'll have to stop arranging events at that site because I also
organised two Messier Marathons there and they were both clouded out.

I hope you all have better luck.
Ron Rennie