[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: (slight o topic) The Missing Sunspots Affair, Act I

  Hi all...

   Besides getting involved with meteors in spite of the bad weather we
have here, I've been observin thesun for seven years now...

   In fact, there was a string of 36 spotless day that ended October 19,
followed by another 10 daysending the 7th...

  As this long series of spotless days is not usual in the late solar
cicles, they are not unheard of. the lat long one took place in 1954, at
Cicle 19 minimum...

   The longest in modern records dates back to the early 1910's..

  This information was obtained from NOAA/SESC and AAVSO Solar Section..

  By the way... Activity is on the rise now, with some spots on the sun's
disk... have the students see them

 Regards..

  gontran