[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids in NJ

Hi All,
	Well I braved the cold last night and lasted just 2 hours..started at
22 degrees with 10 mph winds, and both temp and winds diminished during the
observing session. Teff was reduced by plotting (with frozen fingers).
There was some Leonid activity, as well as a few Taurids. I haven't had a
chance to look at data yet, as I had to thaw, sleep, and go to work, but as
I recall 5 of 20 meteors plotted were Leonids...in approx 1.75 Teff.
Brightest was a -1 with 2.5 sec (?) train. LM was pretty good (for here),
I'm guessing about 5.75, haven't converted counts to LM yet, but the
Beehive was easily visible...last Sunday it was at the edge of visibilty.
Next three nights will be counting only...takes too d**n long to plot under
these cold conditions with rates even at 15. Weather still excellent for
tonight, pretty good for tomorrow.
While I eat my lunch I'll get a better look at things.
Just wanted to let you know there were some successful observations made
this morning (0815 to 1033 UT)

Waynesicle