[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re[2]: (meteorobs) Leonid weather update....3:10PM EST NJ

     AT 4:21 PM 11/14 mark wrote:
>Now you're rubbing it in....I really miss the snow, especially at night
>under the stars. But I wouldn't trade my dry ground/clear skies this
>weekend for snowy conditions...mark

       well, with all this talk of snow and cold, i just have to add my 2
     cents.  being a transplanted chicagoan and ice hockey fanatic i too
     miss the snow and ice.  i think the last time i saw it snowing was 5
     years ago.  i tell people here of the day i x-country skied to college
     in Delkab, IL one day when it was -26deg with a -78deg wind chill.
     they just dont understand REAL cold. many locals here told me 30 deg
     is about the coldest they've experienced!

       LEO and weather (TGIF!):  Today in san diego, a low pressure trough
     has decided to park itself, but i remain optimistic and positive that
     an hours drive up to the local mountains will provide crisp 6.5 skies
     for George and me.  looks like its gonna be Sat thru Tue night obs
     plan.  Will try to pop into office before going to bed each morn and
     post prelim data.

       Joseph