[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) No luck.

At 07:52 AM 11/17/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Mark, tonights weather ( of course ) is clear or close to it. And I'm
>planning  to do some observing. I know we're past peak but how much lower
>do you think the ZHR will be. I'm not sure when I'll observe but I'm
>going to if at all possible.

Michael, I haven't yet seen enough observations to get an idea of what kind
of activity the Leonids had this year so can't estimate how much lower they
will be than their ZHR this year. Based on my past observations through the
years, I would say tonight they should equal or slightly exceed the combined
Taurid rates, maybe somewhere around the 5 to 7 per hour level.(?) But this
is only a guess...there's only one way to find out... ;->

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net