[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonid data

Well, almost. Observing from New Jersey Wayne and I have a good show. I too
noticed many fireballs with persistant trains. Being new it was hard for me
to estimate anything over -4 (Venus comparison) but it did look great.

I observed from  0500 UT thru  0830 UT when I had to pack up my gear and
drive straight to work. Now the bad news... I found a quite time for myself
Sunday afternoon to transcribe my data, and I got thru the first LM check and
4 meteors worth. Then I noticed a LM check that I didn't do that night (I use
the same tape over and over)...yep... I must have accidently pushed the pause
button, so for the rest of my night I was speaking into a paused recorder.
 That recorder doesn't know how close it came to being flung out the window.
Some I witnesses a good Lion growl but thats about it. I'm off to Radio Shack
to but a new recorder without a da*n pause button...at least it was a clear
night (sigh).

Kevin