[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonid observations

<< We had three observers awake "most" of the night and
 we all saw greenish-white Leonids and only one orange. George... could that
 southwestern desert dust in the atmosphere being coloring your meteors
 differently or are different parts of the stream (observed from different
 time zones ) containing different meteoroid composition?

-----
I thought about this during the nite and dismissed any dust to the desert
atmosphere
because it just got thru raining that morning and the clouds and fog just
left the observing area around 8 pm that evening.  The skies were washed
clean.  I'm definitely convinced that the meteors were producing the orange
colors somehow...not an illusion caused from the air.
George Z.