[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) FW: Leonid observations

Please find below my personal counts and magnitude distributions of
November 17, 1996.
I was part of the two-car expedition of the Dutch Meteor Society towards the
surroundings
of Abbeville, France (lat=50 00', lon=+1 40'), but happened to be in the car that
encountered less favourable atmospheric conditions. Nevertheless: plenty of
fireballs!
Note the strange magnitude distribution of the Leonids. Can anyone confirm
this?

Marc

Period		Time	Teff	Lm	NL	NS	NT
1:43-1:49		1.77	0.10	6.3	  1	1
2:49-3:20		3.08	0.52	6.4	14	6
3.20-3:30		3.52	0.17	5.7	  2	1	1

Mag 	Leonids	Sporadic	Taurid
-6	1
-5
-4	2
-3	1
-2	1
-1	1
0	3
1	2
2	1
3	1	4
4	3	3	1
5	1	1

Marc de Lignie
Prins Hendrikplein 42                        Tel. +31 (70) 320 5673
NL-2264 SN  Leidschendam            Fax. +31 (70) 332 6477
The Netherlands                                E-mail: mcdelign@pidot net

Predicted progress always fails. Real progress is all the small
steps you realize to have made when looking back in time.