[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Low elevation Leonids

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

Pete:

I too noticed that all but one of the early Leonids appeared close to
the horizon. If I recall correctly, when a radiant is situated on or
near the horizon only meteors that pass relatively close to your site
can been seen well above the horizon. We are still talking about many
tens of miles. All others will pass low in the sky to one side or
another. It is apparent from the data that a great majority of the
activity is seen at a great distance from where one is situated.

Bob Lunsford