[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) dim, fast meteors in general?

>Indeed George, I noted NO 4th and 5th Mag Leonids despite many TAurids, a
>aMO's and sporadics in that range. Very surprising! I gave my train
>percentage the other day, don't have it with me now. Believe it was
>comparable to yours (59%?). Quite a difference from the early part of the
>year. Really an enjoyable show!
>Wayne

Interesting comment, Wayne. It seems that folks with higher LMs (better than 6)
reported (or hinted at) a bimodal distribution for the Leonid peak this year,
while folks with lower LMs (<=6) reported almost exclusively bright 'uns.

Malcolm, was anyone doing a telescopic watch on the Leonids during peak?

Lew

Follow-Ups: References: