[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonid Colors

Re your comments on colors, maybe there ought to be a caveat in there, George:
based on what we CURRENTLY know about correcting for individual perceptions,
there's no way to derive useful data about shower or sporadic features from the
color observations of individuals. From what I've read and heard here, there's
no question you're right about this.

BUT I also think there's a mighty good chance this will change: we have enough
knowledge in some cases now to correct for individual's rate counts. We're bound
(with some more knowledge about sensory biology maybe?) to be able to correct
for color perceptions some day, and perhaps even derive valuable information
about stream characteristics (composition, density, speed, etc.)

So for the foreseeable future, I'll keep noting colors carefully on my forms.

Just my hopeful $0.02,
Lew

Follow-Ups: References: