Original Text
From: Lew Gramer <dedalus@latradedot com>, on 11/21/96 9:49 AM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>
Cc: "Lew Gramer me" <dedalus@latradedot com>

Just to let y'all know, I struggled MIGHTILY to be able to use my tape
recorder
during the Leonid max! The feeling of holding the recorder under my armpit
and
between my legs is ETCHED on my memory. x^*

Still, each time I brought it up to begin recording, it would die within
1-2
seconds after I hit the button (the ambient temperature was about 15oF). As
result, I lost the first half-hour of that night's watch, and finally gave
up
and started using the HANDY-DANDY adding-machine roll I happened to have
brought
along in case... Worked like a charm. (Thanks, Trond!)

Now if I can only figure out how to keep my flashlight from freezing... :)

Lew
0