Original Text
From: GeoZay@aoldot com, on 11/21/96 11:46 AM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>

<<
 <<(Good stuff ommitted)... BTW, Kevin, I always erase my tapes now before
 reusing..just to avoid
  confusion from when I accidently push the button at the wrong end, which
is

  Fast Forward. And I have developed the habit of checking at least once an
  hour to ensure all is functioning well. Of course it's only a matter of
  tim >>
--------
What you might want to consider doing is sticking a little piece of tape
onto
the more
important buttons so that you can feel them in the dark.  Maybe tape one
side
only where you can get a reference point. To tell the truth, after some
experience with the tape recorder, you do get to know more reliably where
everything is at. Now while recording with the tape recorder, I do very
often
take a look to make sure that I'm pushing the right buttons and not had a
brain fart somewhere down the line. And it is good advice to periodically
play back a short segment to see if things are okay. After usage and
preparing to use that same tape on another nite, be sure to erase
everything
on that tape. You will be surprised how one nites recording sounds very
similar to another nite. This way if you erased everything, what you hear
is
from just one nite.
George Z.