[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonid Observations Nov 16/17 ZAYGE

<< Cleaning up old messages and I noticed this, George...

 >recorded a total of 88 Leonids for 6.5 hours... also recorded...24
sporadics.

 You were only seeing 4 sporadics per hour?! Seemed amazingly low to me.

 Just curious,
 Lew

---------
Lew,
Yep!  I checked my report and that about sums it up. You think I should add a
few to make it seem more "normal"?  My normal rate is approximately 2/3 that
of what Lunsford usually sees.  Not always smooth like that, but somewhat.
You got to remember that recording meteor data isn't some sort of macho thing
to see who gets the mostest and can see the bestest or has the biggest
whatever. The important thing is to be consistent in your judgements and
method. Seeing too many is just as much an aberration as seeing too
little...they both will need adjusting to get the real picture somewhere near
the middle  or thereabouts.
George Z.