[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) geminid max

I agree with Norman on the Geminids being my favorite meteor shower. I have
observed this meteor shower more than any other thanks to the crystal clear
(and cold) Decembers in my region. The rates are very consistent from year
to year and the darker skies enable the colors to almost jump out at you! I
will admit I do like the Perseids as well, but August in the St. Louis area
is usually inflicted with heat and high humidity levels. The LM's are
rarely better than 5.5 and it is rather uncomfortable. Since I began
seriously observing meteors in 1974 I have had only three occasions where
unusually clear skies were present on the night of the Perseid maximum.

Gary