Original Text
From: QLAC65A@prodigydot com, on 11/25/96 6:59 PM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>, <meteorobs@latradedot com>

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

By any chance does anyone on this list know a phone number to call if an
astronomical discovery is made? Bob and I often thought about having a
phone number available at my observatory just in case we see something
like a Nova or Supernova while observing meteors. I have Brian Marsden's
email address for such an event, but I won't have access to my computer
while observing. bob has a cellular phone out there ...so....a phone
number is what I want to have on hand. Thanks! George Z.

George,

Interesting question. I keep the toll free number for the AAVSO with me
in case something like this occurs. The number is 1-800-642-3883. I will
also now include the numbers provided by Gary for the IAU.

Bob