[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Articles

Mark -

In case Kevin doesn't have that particular Sky & Tel issue at his observatory, I
have it here in hand - it's the February 1975 issue.  (My collection of  books
and magazines tends to be on meteors / meteorites / comets :)

Actually, question for you guys - and any of you sci-fi  "B-movie" fans:  I am
trying to locate a copy of a movie that I saw only part of.  It's about some
visitor in a spacecraft, assisted by several Egyptian-attired ladies, who is
monitoring planets for records of meteorite impacts.  It's in black & white, and
has a pathetic script.   OK, laugh....!  But - it has some of the finest film
footage of meteorite impact sites that I've seen, lots of Tunguska footage, and
interviews with Shoemaker, Nininger, Millman and many others.  It is a real
gem..... Please let me know if any of you know what the title is, or if you have
a copy....

- Cathy
   Great White North
   (-25 windchill tonight....brrrr)