[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Who to call for Discovery?

<< Hey George, did you discover somethin' and aren't telling...? :->
 Like could it be THE 12TH PLANET CIRCLING HALE-BOPP????

 Heh-hehe

 Wayne
 -- >>
--------------
No Wayne, I haven't discovered anything nor expect to. But would like to be
prepared for the possibility. As Bob and I talked about a few times while
observing is the possibility of a frequent meteor observer having a very good
chance to be one of the first to notice a Supernova or Nova within our
Galaxy. I know how important it is to get this kind of info out to the big
observatories etc. pronto. We have no access to the internet at my
observatory...just telephones. I plan on having a few pertinent phone numbers
posted inside the observatory for this purpose. If there are a few people who
are willing to be woken up via telephone to send an email message to Marsden
in mine or Bob's behalf that would be appreciated. I would be interested in
keeping their phone number handy for that purpose only. I don't expect too
many wake ups...maybe at best once in a lifetime. I will post the other phone
numbers that Gary and others suggested as well.  Most likely If I find myself
in that predicament, I would be making several phone calls.
George Z.