[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) NAMN Meteor Report: Nov 14/15 (HALWA)

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

Lew,  You Wrote:

> Nice idea with the apparent radiant, Wayne! Were these mostly
determined in the
>  field or at the desk with your plots afterward? Seems like it COULD
be a
> really  useful thing to note while counting major showers too! As we
talked
> about  previously, a good deal of information on low-rate showers is
probably
> lost  during the Majors, just because so few people are plotting
(although many
> are  photographing). What's the official NAMN/IMO view on noting
"SRad"?

Speaking for ALPO, I would encourage observers to make notes on sporadic
activity. Lew is absolutely correct that minor shower activity can be
lost during major showers, especially if one is recording data on tape.
If activity is not too hectic then it would be advisable to plot non-
shower meteors or at least describe the flight path and speed on tape
for further reference.

Bob