[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) NAMN Meteor Report: Nov 14/15 (HALWA)

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

Wayne,  You Wrote:

Regarding sporadic "apparant" radiants:
These were determined in the field when counting, and of course from the
 plots at other times. I hope the NAMN position is that it's additional
annotated information and should cause no problems. It's just to kind of
 keep an eye out for stuff that might be hidden down in the grass. I'm
not  suggesting there are minor showers there, just noting where
activity is  coming from. Now if I looked and 20% of my sporadics for a
night came from  one spot, I might be suspicious. The reason I note it
is that here in the  cool NEast, I don't get to plot 80 meteors a night,
so I kind of need to  provide a way to track things over more than one
night, so that I can then  go back, look at my plots and speed and see
if indeed there is anything  there. It will also come in handy next year
when we traverse this same  section of solar longitude. If it does
bother any of the "bean counters" I  will remove it to my personal copy.
Comments Mark, Bob, Rainer?

Wayne,

As I look at your datasheet I see absolutely no problems with your notes
. As long as you list these meteors as sporadics I do not see how anyone
could have a problem with your data.

Bob