[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Movie

At 10:22 AM 11/28/96 -0600, you wrote:
>I think the suggested movie was the Monolith Monsters, but this did not
>deal much with impacts. The Monolith Monsters was about a meteor that hit
>and then began growing like a crystal. If somebody touched it they would be
>turned to stone, which, as you could imagine, annoyed a lot of people. They
>finally discovered that water would dissolve the rock crystals and, after
>blowing up a dam, everyone lived happily ever after.
>
>I have lots of weird stuff like this in my head, but I still can't recall
>the movie that was originally asked about in this thread.
>
>Gary

Gary,

Yes, I believe you're right about the title (I knew it had something to do
with Monoliths), but if I'm not mistaken, they found that water made it grow
but salt made it stop, so they blew-up the dam to direct the water thru a
salt bed & then onto the Monoliths to save the world...

I've seen this movie several times over the years (usually catching
different parts of it on the late shows), it's a real classic B-rate sci-fi
& should definately be seen by anyone who likes that sort of thing (like
myself ;-)). Hope this helps someone...Regards & Clear Skies...Jay