Original Text
From: GeoZay@aoldot com, on 12/3/96 11:46 AM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>

<<
 OK, George, just what qualifies as a 5 monkey night in southern CA, just
so
 I record our monkey count correctly on my report form? :->
 Wayne
 -- >>
-------
Wayne,
I'm making this up as I go. But last night I gave it 1 monkey per hour if
the
temps hovered just above 32 deg F. If  the temps drop down to the 20's F.
That would be 2 monkeys/hour. If I observed for 5 hours under those temps,
that would be a 10 monkey nite. Now if it got in the teens...which it does
sometimes here in the mountains of S. Calif. it would be 3 monkeys/hour. If
it gets any colder, I'll most likely just shoot the monkeys and put them
out
of their miseries before any frost settles.  I hope this clarifies things?
george z.