[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Dec 3/4 Observations

Well,
I gave it another go last night. Bob joined up with me after midnight.
Anyhow, I got  about 6 hours under clear(for most of the time skies...had a
spell of high thin cirrus for a while...for a half hour I guess) skies. LM
around 5.8 average. Monkey factor around 5.5 ....The cirrus helped warm it up
a little for awhile. Anyhow, it was a little more active than the previous
nite at least. I plotted 54 meteors total. 7 HYD, 5 XOR, 4 MON, 1 PUP, and 37
sporadics. The Hydrids seemed to be on the active side more than expected.
Bob picked up more of them than I did. Seems like I was writing down a
sporadic while he was hitting on Hydrids. My guess he probably saw about 15?
Will see what his tally is when he reports in. I won't be observing
tonight....looks like a storm front might throw some clouds our way. I got to
go to my wife's girl scout cadette troop's play...starring our daughter. I
wasn't going to observe anyhow. My next scheduled nite is on Dec
12/13...Gemind max. fingers and toes crossed for clear skies.
George Z.