[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) Time of Geminid maximum

Gary wrote:
> Exact times are given for some meteor showers (usually the major ones) if
> you begin at the address "http://medicine.wustldot edu/~kronkg/calendar.html"
> and choose whatever month you want to look at.

Thanks Gary.  My expectation was that references to your book would
not have the 1996 times of maxima, but that the "December Outlook
Geminids Will be Favorable" and/or the NAMN references to forthcoming
events would have this information.  You've rearranged the material
since I last looked at the Web version of your meteor book, and I wasn't
persistent enough.

> My new, corrected time which I just
> computed a few minutes ago is the 13th at 17:20 UT (the times of the
> passage through 262.0 is actually 17:12 to 17:34 UT).

So the IMO Calendar is out by an hour for 262.0?  Looking at the data
from recent years, even that looks to be too early.

> I am in the process of updating for the new year and all times accessed from
> the Calendar page will be J2000.

Great.

> Sorry for the confusion, I have had too many things going at once for the
> last couple of months

It's OK.  I know exactly what you mean.

Malcolm