Original Text
From: Rainer Arlt <100114.1361@CompuServedot com>, on 12/5/96 3:23 PM:
To: "Meteor Observers List" <MeteorObs@latradedot com>

Malcolm and Gary wrote:

> > My new, corrected time which I just
> > computed a few minutes ago is the 13th at 17:20 UT (the times of
>> the passage through 262.0 is actually 17:12 to 17:34 UT).

> So the IMO Calendar is out by an hour for 262.0?  Looking at the data
> from recent years, even that looks to be too early.

Well, I am using the complete algorithm of 'holy' Meeus, and it gives
December 13, 16h 22m UT +- 2 minutes for 262.0. Actually, when looking at
previous Geminid maxima, the activity peaks between 262.0 and 262.3. The
last
time would be 23h 30m UT. So I am expecting the Geminid maximum  between
those
two times. The peak isn't too sharp anyway.

Rainer