[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd Casper ter Kuile: wintertime observing dangers

<<

 In his Leonid report George Zay wrote:

 > numerous brass monkeys are reporting in to local hospitals due to certain
 > anatomical parts frozen off.
 > had contemplated dialing 911 for the same reason....'.

 Ah great George! Finally you lazy Californian get to meet the real observa-
 tional hardships! Or sort off, since we all agree that 32 F (0 C) is
 nothing of course. I invite you for a real Dutch Geminid or Quadrantid
 campaign: temperatures near or below -10 C guaranteed! Then you'll know
 what wintertime observing amounts too... I have allways been jealous of
 those Californian observers that can observe in shorts with beach babes
 around in case meteor rates become boring (by the way George, I have
 wondered since Pamela Anderson has appeared on Dutch TV: is it true that
 all these Californian babes live in Silicon Valley, or am I confusing
 things?!?).

----------------
Marco and other cold weather observers,

I'm not going to even pretend that the cold temps that I sometimes observe
under in the californian mountains even remotely compares to the hardships
that a lot of you experience elsewhere. My hats off to you. I do have some
experience living in cold climates. In 1970 during my military days, I lived
in North Dakota for 15 months. Experienced some cold times there.  That
experience led me to have no desire to live anywhere other than
california....and southern at that. I wish you the best.

Marco, I don't know who Pamela Anderson is...is she on BayWatch or something
like that? I don't watch that program, but it sounds like you are referring
to someone on it. Silicon Valley?  Again you might be referring to other uses
for Silicon other than chips? Sorry, I guess I'm showing my age a little. I
usually watch the History Channel and The Learning Channel quite a bit when I
do watch tv.
George Z.