[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) CALL FOR HELP! A talk on meteors...

<< But now, I'm beginning to have doubts: for one thing, I may not hold the
 interest of my audience long with such a theoretical talk! For another, I
 may have the reverse problem and run up against the limits of my own
 understanding in the talk, or (worse yet) in the Q&A afterwards.

One thing I've learned in giving talks (I've never done it but I saw someone
who did) is to BS the people in the audience.  There's always someone in the
audience who knows a bit more. It always happens.  If you can't answer a
question say "I don't know, but I'll find out for you" and have some books
backstage to get the answer.

Kevin