[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteor photos

On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, Casper ter Kuile wrote:

> I suppose you are using a browser which cannot display frames? If so, please
> try to download a newer version. I have updated to "no-frames" page. If
> everything is OK you should be able to find our Leonid results now!

Well a new version of Netscape was installed recently.  3.something.
It can display frames, but perhaps I didn't dig deep enough to find
the images, and want to find a way of zapping the dogs. {-:  I'd tried
the "Photos" link and it put me into /pub/betlem, but there weren't
any recent Leonid pictures. I've just tried again and there is a new
picture but no caption.  The image was so large, it took me 20 seconds
with the sliders to find the fireball.  If this isn't the correct
place, please could I have the the full URL.

I tried the movies, but I'm missing /usr/bin/mme/alphavcr.  I've
grabbed other MPEG movies before successfully.  Is this a problem at
my end or on the DMS machine?

I did find the Leonid paper submitted to WGN, and am impressed with
the speed of submission.  The faint population is very interesting,
shame I wasn't able to see it.  A request: please could you use the IAU
standard J2000 equinox, and present the ZHRs calculated using both the
DMS and IMO methods to permit intercomparisons.

Thanks,

Malcolm