[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Geminid Campaign

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

> Good luck guys, I got my fingers crossed for you Northeasterners. Bob, you
> don't need help in the land of perpetual cleariness.....
> Mark

>>Believe it or not we are under a flood watch tonight. 1-3"" of rain
>>possible here. Hopefully this mess will clear out by Thursday but not
>>get far enough east to mess up eastern skies.
>>Bob

      Latest weather word from the Land of Perpetual Cleariness (So. Calif)
      (.... for those interested in conditions for 2nd Annual Mojave Desert
      1996 GEMINID CAMPAIGN).

      Mon Dec 9, 1996 9:00pm PST, well ... Nat'l Weather Service (NWS) just
  cancelled the local Flash Flood Warning! in the Harmony Grove
  (Carlsbad/LaCosta) area (where there raged that BIG FIRE + other small ones
  back in Sept.. Bob L. and I happened to be observing that night ... saw
  all those fires... memorable night).

      WWW.intellicast and other dopplar radar now showing front has moved
  (rather quickly) due easterly from Central Calif and is now centered east of
  Las Vegas near the Nevada/Arizona.  So far, we've only rec'd 0.4" of rain
  (not the forecasted 1-3").  Bummer!!.  Another bigger Pacific storm is due
  to hit coast, maybe tomorrow night, but NWS now saying Jet Stream will steer
  this one into Northern Cal.  High pressure is due to build aloft by midweek
  with more sunshine and warmer temperatures.  This, so far, is good news.
  With fingers x-ed, it looks like there's a high probability of some very
  excellent observing conditions.

     Joseph