[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Call for suggestions re: data collection

Joe's idea seems like an excellent one. There are relatively few observing groups I know of in the US: most of us are loners out there, by necessity. But the California Contingent (and maybe the New Jersey Meteorites too?) seem like good candidates for doing some statistical perception analysis.

Joe, I think you mentioned you'd already seen Peter Jenniskens papers on Meteor Streams? He seems to have some excellent references on perception measurement in those: maybe worth following up. And be sure tell the list what you find!

PS: I'm down with a nasty head cold this week, but I'm planning to pump up on the antibiotics in time for the GEM max, at least... It's cold AND wet here this week (a nasty combo... :<) but we're leaving for Washington State Saturday, so I hope that one place or the other will give us some clear hours!

Lew

Karen Simmons & Lew Gramer lewkaren@tiacdot net http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren