[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Dec 10/11 Summary

Unlike last night in which I slept through my meteor watch, this morning I
was able to get 4 hours of observing in beginning at 0600 UT (0100 EST).
Throughout the morning, trains from any meteors at all were very scarce, far
below what I normally see. The Geminids seemed to turn on and off, and in
fact the first Geminid of the session wasn't observed until 50 minutes into
the first hour. Meteors from all sources seemed to come in 'bunches' where
several were observed over a short peiod of time, followed by a gap of no
meteors for 10 minutes or so.

In all I observed a total of 83 meteors which broke down for the four hours
as XOR(0,0,0,0); PUP(1,0,0,0); MON(0,1,1,1); HYD(2,2,1,2); GEM(3,4,7,5) and
SPO(12,11,17,13).

I plan to observe tonight weather permitting.

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net