[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

I observed the Geminid shower from 5:40 to 7:35 UT (23:42 to 1:35
local time), with 25 minutes taken out for a break, and observed 41
meteors.  My limiting magnitude was slightly better than 5.  I
observed from McKinney, Texas, about 35 miles north of Dallas.  The
temperature was above 40 degrees.  I saw 5 mag 4, 19 mag 3, 8 mag 2, 4
mag 1, 3 mag 0, and 3 mag -1 meteors.  These were all Geminid meteors;
I saw one Taurid meteor.  I saw a fair number of meteors in the
neighborhood of Orion, but assumed that these were still Geminids, as
I could rougly trace their origin back to Gemini.

Regards,
Michael Hann
a0198616@htisrv.dseg.tidot com