[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminid Photos

Geminid Photo Captures.

I just developed 2 rolls of film for the nites of Dec 12/13 and 13/14. They
were from two camera's...Both were guided. One was with a 28mm wide angle
lens and the other was from a 50mm lens. The 28mm was equipped with a
rotating shutter for the nite of Dec 12/13, but on the following nite, the
winds were too strong to be used properly. I photographed a total of 11 and
possibly 12 meteors. The one possible could also be a satellite or aircraft
trail. I will have to check radiant alignment and times to make a final
determination.  Two images have 2 meteors each.  One in particular shows both
meteors being relatively brite and may just produce a good print. Only one
meteor image shows the chop effect from the rotating shutter. The others were
captured when it wasn't being used...or with the camera that wasn't equipped
in the first place.
George Zay