[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Dec 14/15 and Mars Attacks

1Well guys and gals,

A pox on Ohio skies then huh? The really important nights for
Geminids were, in fact, a study in cloud bellies and mist. Not being
able to enjoy the stars on Friday, my wife and I went to see Mars
Attacks instead. The human half of the movies is tolerable. The
Martian half is grand. What vindictive little fellas they were!

Saturday was gorgeous and March-like, so we hiked during the day, and
attempted to gather Geminids later........and so, from somewhere a
tad north of the middle of Ohio, it went something like this......

Conditions: Clear and Brrrrrrrrr

Period                   Teff      Lmag   F   Geminids   Non-Gems
3:40ut to 4:53ut     1.12        6        1         8
4
4:54ut to 5:44ut     0.82        6        1         8
4

color -vs- mag of geminids
                -1     0     1     2     3     4     5     6
white        1     1    1      1     1           2     2
blue         1            1                         1     1
yellow     1     1            1
Avg Mag: +2.44

color -vs- mag of non-geminids
                 -1     0     1     2     3     4     5     6
white        1                    2     1                   1
yellow      1                                                1
orange                                1
Avg Mag: +2.5

...........the Geminids waste no time gettin' outta town..............