[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Oh, Geminids....

Marco et al -

Your tale of the Geminids made tingles go up and down my spine!!  Wow.  It is so
incredible to see something so wonderful.... I think the astronomical event that
has affected me the most has to be seeing Comet West in the spring of 1976 from
Vancouver Island, out on the west coast of Canada.  It had been cloudy and rainy
for months, literally, and at 3.00 am one morning I had a feeling I should go
outside....  It blew me away... and for 11 mornings in a row, I shimmied myself
onto the university roof and watched the comet until dawn... Just me and the
comet, watching over the ocean and Mount Baker.... It was beautiful....

It is so ironic that so many people don't know what beauty is out there in
nature....and will never know, or care.  They're stuck in cities, and never look
outside their little boxes....

I am so thrilled that you guys saw such an incredible sight.....!

- Cathy
  Great White North (and still cloudy...)