[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Don't forget the Ursids!!

Just a reminder, especially for those of you who examined the bottom of
clouds for the entire activity period of the Geminids, that the Ursids peak
near sunrise on Sunday morning. Max rates are near 10/hr for a few hours,
but larger outbursts have been reported. The radiant is just off the end of
the little dipper's bowl. The other minor showers active are the Chi
Orionids (XOR), near Geminii's feet, and the Coma Bernicids, just above
Leo. I'm so desperate, that despite wind chills below 0 F tonight I'll be
out there.
	Wayne