[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Don't forget the Ursids!!

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

Wayne and Kevin,

I have calculated the time of moonset for your location on Sunday
morning; it occurs at 4:57. That will give you at least one hour of
truly dark skies. I would start observing at 4:30 and continue until it
gets too light. Unfortunately I have to work and won't get a chance to
watch.

A couple years back I was surprised by rates as high as 26 per hour for
the Ursids. This is a ZHR of over 50! On that night the most memorable
Ursid was a splendid sapphire blue -8 fireball that shot toward the east
and disappeared near Corona Borealis. I won't soon forget that one!

Bob