[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Quad weather....

George et al -

Forecast here does not look too promising.  Yesterday's long range forecast
showed partially clear for Wednesday, with temperatures dropping to -22 at night
(about -5F), a good sign.  However, today's long range forecast now shows snow
for both part of Wednesday and all of Thursday, with temps still about -20 at
night.

Up here, it has to be cold to be clear (unfortunately)... It's hard to hit a
happy medium - cold enough to be clear, and yet not too cold that it is
dangerous to observe.  The winter before last was bad for that - every clear
night was at least -30, not counting the windchill.  Sure, that's Centigrade,
but when it starts getting down that low, it doesn't matter what scale you're
using :)

In the meantime, I'm rounding up some extra layers of clothing, and keeping my
fingers crossed...

- Cathy
  Great White North